Lessons to incorporate in the classroom from The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre Leadership Program.
– Highlight various leaders throughout history that have faced adversity, and how they overcame obstacles to create change.
– The importance of standing up for a cause you believe in
– How to work together, using everyone’s different strengths to achieve goals
– What is a community? (A collection of people that share a common interest, background or purpose, which unites them)
– The importance of community
– How to encourage people within your community, to help Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime!
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
– Healthy Living: The importance of living a healthy lifestyle can decrease your chance of developing certain cancers. How a healthy lifestyle can help a patient during treatment and recovery.
– Mental and emotional health is equally important as physical health
– Immunotherapy: The use of one’s own immune system destroy cancer cells
– The importance of research, always ask questions and challenge the status quo.
– Doctors are not just trying to cure cancer, but help make treatment more manageable for patients to live with
– The ability to understand the feelings of others
– How to create a support system
– The power of listening
– Marketing: How to create posters, announcements and presentations that attract attention
– Creative: The process of going from ideas to execution, how to create break a large task into smaller manageable pieces.
Why should your child get involved?
This is an experiential learning opportunity for your child that they will remember and possibly shape their future decisions. Seeing where the money raised through The Journey To Conquer Cancer goes, and how it affects patients wellbeing is both gratifying and inspiring
How you can get involved?
Join The Journey To Conquer Cancer! Register to walk or run with your child’s school team. Invite your friends and family (furry friends as well) to support your son or daughter’s initiate, with your support they will gain confidence that they will carry with them in the future.
to learn 10 Tips for Fundraising Success!
Why your school should get involved?
This opportunity will help further sparks students’ interest learning in the classroom, by seeing where education can lead you in the future.
Join the other schools taking action to help Conquer Cancer In Our Lifetime!
Allow your school to be a leader for others and see the benefits among both your students and those around you personally affected by cancer.
Your students look up to YOU AS A LEADER
, your support on their journey will create a close and meaningful relationship with your students.
Cancer does not discriminate, it affects everyone; students, families and faculty.
If you are a student, parent, teacher, principal and would like to get involved with The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre Leadership Program or The Journey To Conquer Cancer…
Kate O’Friel at 416 – 946 – 4501 ex. 4345 or Kate.Ofriel@thepmcf.ca
We look forward to hearing from you!